Instagram and Messenger are now integrated into one app, with cross-app messaging between the two. After this change, Instagram’s messaging interface, DM, gets several exciting new features from Facebook Messenger. In addition to custom emoji reactions and colorful chat themes, Instagram Messenger now offers message replies and forwarding, selfie stickers, a vanish mode, animated message effects, and the Watch Together feature.
The ability to reply to a specific message on Instagram is surely the most useful tool in Instagram Direct. The new feature allows Instagram users to quote and reply to individual messages in DMs. Instagram has a similar ‘Swipe to reply to messages’ functionality to Messenger and WhatsApp. You can directly respond to a particular message by swiping to reply in an individual or group chat. Especially in large groups, quoted replies can add depth to long conversations.
In Instagram DMs, you can reply to a message and include the original message as well. This makes it clear which specific message the sender has responded to for the receiver. You can also reply to individual videos, pictures, voice messages, stickers, emojis, and GIFs.
Now let’s look at how to reply to a message on iPhone or Android in Instagram 2022. You can quote a reply in Instagram direct messages in two different ways.
Introduction of Instagram
Instagram into the world is one of the most interesting events in social media. This app was launched on the 4th of June 2010. Instagram is a free app, and Facebook owns it. In fact, it was an early product of Facebook. Instagram is not a social network in the traditional sense. It’s a photo-sharing app that allows you to share your pictures, videos, and other content with your followers. Instagram has millions of users.
How To Reply to A Message on Instagram DM
- Make sure that you have installed the latest Instagram direct messaging update.
- The Messenger icon can be found at the top-right corner of the Instagram ‘Home’ tab.
- Begin a conversation individually or in a group.
- Long-press the message and tap the “Reply” button at the bottom left.
- Type your response and hit the “Send” button.
How To Reply to a Specific Message on Instagram on an Android Device
Replying to a specific Instagram message on an Android is similar to iPhone. Here’s how to respond to a message in the app:
- Open your Instagram feed and tap the messages icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Find a conversation containing the message you wish to respond to.
- Tap and hold the message, then swipe it to the right until it appears above the text input box.
- Type in your reply. The message you respond to will be attached to your message when you send it.
Alternatively, you can use a different method to respond to messages on Instagram:
- You can view your messages by tapping the paper airplane icon in the upper right corner of your Instagram feed.
- Find the message you wish to reply to by opening the conversation.
- Long-press the message until three action options appear.
- The message you are responding to will appear above the text input box when clicking “Reply.”.
- Enter your response. You will attach the message to your response when you send it.
How To Reply to a Specific Message on Instagram on a PC
It’s possible to reply to specific messages in Instagram’s desktop version. This is how to reply to a message on Instagram on a PC:
- Launch Instagram on your computer.
- You can access Messenger from the feed by clicking the messenger icon.
- Locate the message you wish to reply to and open the conversation.
- Select the three dots next to the message.
- From the suggested options, select “Reply.”
- Complete your reply and send it. In response, you will receive the message you responded to.
Your communication with friends should become easier now that you know how to respond to specific messages on Instagram. Ensure that your Instagram is updated automatically by enabling automatic updates. If you cannot access the feature in your region, keep checking if Instagram has found a way to comply with European data privacy laws.