The Instagram platform is one of the top social media platforms to share moments through pictures, videos, and stories. Millions of people around the world use Facebook to communicate with family, friends, and colleagues. For a better user experience, the platform interface is constantly updated, algorithms are updated, and new features are added.
The platform introduced Direct Messages in December 2013, which allows users to send photos, videos, and private messages. The platform, however, was never designed to support direct messaging. Therefore, the app doesn’t allow users to backup messages directly from it.
Nonetheless, we have all accidentally deleted something and then needed it. This sometimes happens to Instagram messages, too. When you know it will be difficult to recover important messages from Instagram, deleting them by mistake can seem like a disaster.
Don’t worry! The following guide will show you how to recover deleted Instagram messages in 2022. You’ll love this guide if you want to retrieve Instagram direct messages or restore old Instagram DMs.
How To See Deleted Messages on Instagram?
Recovery of Instagram messages by iStaunch
iStaunch’s Instagram Messages Recovery allows you to recover deleted Instagram messages from your Android or iPhone device. Enter the username and tap the Recover button. Then sit back and watch the restored messages appear on your Instagram account.
Messages from Instagram Account Data (Android)
If you delete a direct message from Instagram on your Android or iPhone, the message will disappear from the app, but it is still stored on the server. All you have to do to recover deleted Instagram messages is to request your Instagram account data. To do so, follow these steps:
- Access your Instagram account by opening the app.
- Click the small profile icon at the right bottom corner, and you will be redirected to your profile page.
- The Three Lines Icon will open a pop-up menu after you tap on it.
- Select Settings from the options presented.
- After you are redirected to the page, select the Security option.
- Scroll down and tap on Download Data inside the History and Data section.
- You will receive a copy of your data at the email address you registered with Instagram. Tap the Request Download button to start downloading your data.
- You will receive a copy of your Instagram data at your registered Instagram email address. Just tap Request Download and enter your email address.
- It will then ask for a password to verify your identity. Enter the password and tap Next.
- Your request to download account data has been successfully submitted. The message will say something like, “We’ve been collecting things you shared on Instagram and will email a link to [email protected]”. Please allow 48 hours for this to be collected and for the link to be sent. If you do not see it, please check your spam box.
- Instagram will send you an email within 48 hours. Click on the Download Data button as shown below.
- You can view and restore deleted Instagram direct messages (DMs) by downloading the app to your smartphone.
Recover Instagram Messages from Account Data (PC)
Instagram is a popular photo-sharing social networking website. If you have issues with your Instagram account, you need to restore your Instagram account. You can use this method to restore your Instagram account. You just need to have an Instagram login credential. If you lost your Instagram password or want to reset your Instagram password, follow this method. You can also recover your Instagram password on your Android device using the same method.
Restoring an Instagram account is easy. In this article, we will explain the process of restoring your Instagram account and how you can recover your Instagram password on your iOS devices. We will show you how to recover your Instagram password and get access to your Instagram account. How to Restore Instagram Account: Most people have lost their Instagram passwords. So, we are going to show you the easiest way to restore your Instagram account.
- Step 1: Open the Google Chrome browser on any device.
- Step 2: Go to the Google Chrome browser and enter your login credential. For example, if you want to log in to your Instagram account, go to www.instagram.com and enter your login credentials.
- Step 3: After entering your login credential, you will be redirected to the login page.
- Step 4: If you are logged in to your Instagram account, you will see a message that says, “You are logged in to your Instagram account.” If you don’t see that message, you are not logged in to your Instagram account.