The hassle of fumbling through multiple remote controls can ruin your watching experience. If you didn’t know which remote controls would be necessary for the TV, DVD, soundbar, and speakers, you would spend 10 minutes trying to change a single setting. The frustration can be overwhelming.
RCA universal remote controls come in handy here. These are easy to set up, convenient, and quick to operate. Let us show you how to program your RCA Universal Remote codes in this easy-to-follow guide. Below is a video showing the steps:
RCA Universal Remote-Control Functions:
You may become confused with the number of interconnected gadgets when using a complex theater system. An RCA universal remote control provides a solution to this due to its universality. It is possible to replace those multiple remote controls with one that will do everything for you. Simply follow the guide below for a seamless setup.
How To Set Up RCA Universal Remote-Control Codes:
You should check the appliances you intend to control with your RCA universal remote control before you do anything else. Turn them on and plug them in before attempting anything else. Ensure that your remote is fully functional by checking if the batteries are in good condition.
Here are the steps to set up RCA universal remote-control codes:
- Connect the RCA universal remote control to the appliance you wish to set up. This could be a TV, Blu-ray player, or home theater system.
- Use the remote to control the device. Pressing and holding the TV button is the first step in setting up a TV. Thereafter, the ON/OFF button of the remote will be illuminated and remain so.
- To turn off the TV, press and hold the TV button and the ON/OFF button at the same time. During this process, the ON/OFF button will automatically turn on and off.
- When the ON/OFF button lights up, let go of both buttons.
- After that, press and hold the ‘play’ or ‘slow’ buttons for five seconds. Your device should now turn off. Press the play button every five seconds until it turns off if it doesn’t.
- The appliance may be turned on by pressing the reverse button or continuing to press the button until it turns on.
- By pressing and releasing the stop button, the programming of the specific component is stored.
- You must repeat each step for every item of the appliance you want to program. As you press and release the stop button, keep storing the information for each item.
Directly Entering Codes into An RCA Universal Remote Control:
- Ensure that the remote has working batteries.
- Make sure all the appliances are turned on.
- You will need to press and release the appliance’s button in the same way.
- Input the corresponding code. Enter the four- or five-digit TV code by pressing and releasing the TV button on the remote. Your TV will turn on and remain on as the TV code is entered.
- Finally, press and hold both the ON/OFF button and the appliance button on the remote. It should turn on and then off by itself once the ON/OFF button is already lit.
- When the ON/OFF button is re-lit, release both buttons (the appliance and the ON/OFF button). This should keep the light on.
- For five seconds, press and hold the ‘play’ button. When the five seconds are up, press the ‘off’ button. Keep pressing the play button five seconds at a time if it doesn’t work.
- The item will turn on after you press the reverse button and release it.
- Pressing and releasing the stop button will store the memory.
- Add the corresponding codes to the other devices using the RCA universal remote.